17" LCD response times benq Hyundai Q17

1lexicon

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
I've been searching for a reasonably priced 17" LCD monitor. I saw the review about the Hyundai Q17A monitor but I looked at the website; hyundaiq.com and discovered that they did not have a response time listed in the specs for the q17 monitor (I assumed it would have the same specs as the q17a without of course the DVI and USB). I talked to a Hyundai representative that suggested that perhaps the hyundai Q17 only had a response time of 30ms. Hmm if that is so perhaps the Q17A in the review is a newer model with a faster response time that is not available in the USA. I've seen spec for a Benq monitor that does indicate a response time of < 20ms. Does anyone have a benq monitor? If so, how would you rate your monitor? Any other suggestions for a good LCD monitor? I don't have a DVI input now but it seems to be that everything is moving in that direction so I am thinking I should probably get one with a DVI input so my monitor won't be obsolete after my next computer upgrade. Any thoughts on that?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 1lexicon on 07/25/03 03:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

mdgosch

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2003
I got the viewsonic VP171B and am very happy with it. It has two analog inputs and one DVI input. I am currently playing Star Wars Galaxies and Battlefield 1942 and am very happy with the monitors performance :)

kl1nt

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2003
Hi, mm you play battlefield and the image dont put blurred sometimes? and sharp image (clear) when you remain without moving it, for example in medal of honor sights to a wall with a poster in which it puts something and it you can read but tours to left or right and its put a little blurred so that u now cant read the text of the poster, does not pass this to you ?

To my Sony s71r happens that, and i would like to know if with Hyundai Q17A or other monitors it also happens, can someone help me ?.

greetings and thanks.

mdgosch

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2003
I only time is see bluryness is when i have the resolution set at 800X600 or some on 1024X764...when i run at the highest resolution 1200 it is cyrstal clear no problems at all!!

kl1nt

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2003
Then i will try to test another TFT monitor, because i would like have one which i could play without bluryness at any time and its better for my eyes ;).

thanks.