Difference between G420 and E430

afterskoul

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2003
I know that most of you do not recommend monitors with Trinitron Tubes but I am wonderning what is the difference between these trwo monitors : G420 and E430 (Both are 19" monitors )

goatcheese

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2003
Trinitrons are fantastic if you don't mind the two little lines. I would prefer them not to be there, but I got used to them in about a day. You just have to decide if they will bug you or not. The most important thing is to realize that they will be there on Trinitron (and I think Diamondtron) monitors, so it doesn't come as a surprise to you.

afterskoul

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2003
Well , if you read previous topics you'll find out that many people do not recommend Diamondtron/Trinitron monitors ..
But Sony is very popular as a CRT monitor manufacturer in my country so I will rather buy a Sony ....

GhostKat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
I remember when I got my 17" KDS monitor and set it up and noticed on my blue background of windows, two lines going across that I didn't see in the store because they were displaying it with some demo that they put on. I think it took me 1-3 days to really just stop looking for it and just pay attention to what's important. I don't even think about them anymore. Great monitor but now when I go and look at new monitors I look for em just to see which companies are using thos tubes.

GK

Yes, I made it past newbie w00t.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I have a Sony E400, which is an aperture grille monitor. I love it. It is bright and has excellent resolution. It displays the full range of colors accurately, including blacks. The refresh rate is sufficient to play games without ghosting. The image isn't grainy, like on some CRTs.

I suppose it's all subjective, but the ONLY thing I could imagine being a problem with my monitor are the two grey lines--which don't bother me in the slightest. They aren't even noticeable in games. I only notice them when I am working on a light background. For example, on this page, I can see the lones on the light yellow and light grey parts of the screen, but I don't notice them unless I actually try to notice them.

Other people are different, and the lines just drive them batty. Other than the lines, I don't see any negative to the aperture grille, and there are a lot of positives.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
A lot of this is advertising hype. Shadow mask monitors can and do give just as good a display as aperature grille ones.

The lines are about half a pixel wide and can, for example, make a comma look like a period... not a big deal, but something to be considered before you spend your hard earned money.

If the lines won't bother you make it a financial decision.
If they will bother you, go for the shadow mask.

No biggy.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---

FO_SHO

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
A lot of people talk about the "lines" but whenever I see a AP monitor, I can't see a line... What are people talking about???

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Ok, if you have a Diamondtron or Trinitron tube in your monitor...
Open notepad and zoom it full screen. In the white background of the window you should see two grey lines running horizontally a cross the screen... one about 1/3 the way down the other at 2/3.

They drive me nuts... some people don't even notice them.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---