Monitor won't obey Refresh Rate

Rostok_McSpoons

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2002
I've just got a refurbished Eizo T57s, and it's fine. Except I can't get it to refresh at more than 60hz, whilst using the correct Eizo drivers (as taken from their website). I can use the standard Windows 75hz drivers ok, and when I use the Eizo Flexscan F57 driver then I can go to 100hz at 1024x768, as I should be able to.

Any suggestions?

I'm running Win98se, fully updated.
Geforce2 GTS Pro
Nvidia Det 29.42

Thanks in advance for any help!

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
if your resolution is too high you may not be able to use certain refresh rates, try lowering the resolution. You shouldnt need drivers for each specific refresh rate

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

Rostok_McSpoons

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2002
Thanks for replying, but maybe I wasn't making myself clear:

The monitor should be able to handle 1024 x 768 @ 100hz, and 1280 x 1024 @ 85hz... so the monitor spec isn't the problem.
I can run the monitor at upto 100hz using drivers *other than the 'correct' one* ! So... although it's a "T57s" if I use the T57s driver it won't refresh faster than 60hz whatever colour depth / resolution I select.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I understand what you mean. just run the monitor under some generic driver and you should be able to do everything you want, unless you are using windows xp or (maybe) Melinium in which case it will probably detect what it realy is and install the driver. in that case get the driver for the top of the line model of your monitor and force the machine to use that one

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"