If you own a Samsung 191t tell me your thoughts.

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I bought a Samsung 191t a couple of days agao and I have to say it is an awsome monitor. I play a lot of games on my pc especially FPS. There is some ghosting in FPS games but it really isn't that bad. Playing 2D games is also very sweet. I started playing Diablo II again and the quality is superb!! One question though, what response time do these monitors have to get to in order for there to be no ghosting at all? If anyone has this monitor please post what you think about it in this thread!!!

<font color=blue>Can anyone help me overclock my girlfriend's love toy?<font color=blue>

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
From what I have read...normal CRT's have a response rate of around 12ms. The Samsung 191T has a pixel response of 25ms. I have experienced the bleeding of dark black colors on the 191T and the Viewsonic VX900, but never the ghosting effect. You may want to check for more updated drivers for your video card...perhaps the ghosting is from your drivers. I really liked the 191t until five pixels all decided to go at once...luckily I was still within 14 days of purchase and immediately returned it.

Bob

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Ok, I may have ghosting and bleeding mixed up. In the game whenever you move and your looking at an object you kind of see the image of where the object was on the screen for a split second. I guess this is bleeding and not ghosting. And your right it is mostly dark colors that do this. There is a Hitachi that just came out that has a 16ms response time. I bet there is almost no bleeding on that monitor. Bobmitch do you play first person shooters on the Samsung?

<font color=blue>Can anyone help me overclock my girlfriend's love toy?<font color=blue>

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
Return to Castle Wolfenstein was fine...very little bleeding. Jedi Knight II was the culprit. On any level...if there were guns lying on the ground and I passed them...they would stretch. Yes! Also...there is a new Hitachi CM174 coming out on Friday, according to Hitachi, and it will do 16ms response time as well. Many people that have posted in this forum have all said that they had blurring or bleeding...but very few have done much about it. You have to weigh the plus' and minus' of the situation. Overall...the 191T is gorgeous...I hated to bring it back...but I wasn't keeping dead pixels on a new monitor.

Bob

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
I'm planning on getting a new monitor soon.....

At the moment, i have a respectable 17" (16" viewable) Iiyama CRT monitor.

of course i want the new one to be a LCD monitor. I want it to be bigger than my CRT...hence I want a LCD monitor that's at least 19".... With DVI input. I play a lot of games. Hence i want 25ms response time, and good brightness and contrast......What are the best monitors out there for me at the moment?

are there any huge technological advancements coming soon? or price drops?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mol_gen" target="_new"><font color=red>My Computer</font color=red></A>