Are you satisfied with your LCD?

NoTiG

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
Rather than listen to the ups and down of endless specs, I'd like to hear the end user's opinion. To hell with specs, I want satisfaction! Are you happy with your monitor? Why are you happy with it? Do you wish you would have bought a different one? Which one and why? Where did you get it? Everyone GO!

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have the option to use just about any monitor on the market today, LCD or CRT. I use dual 21" standard Flat square CRT monitors running 3200 x 1200 on a Matrox G450 dual head card.

I need productivity, thus high resolution and lots of real-estate.

It all depends on what you want and need.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>

nanyangview

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
Yup, completely satisfied with my Samsung 171P and the old 760V LCD. They served me well.PRICE is a issue hahaha, but i saved long for them

NoTiG

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
Hi, thanks for replying.

As for me I plan on moving to the next generation of monitors LCD. Right now I use a Princeton ultra 92 and it burns the hell out of my eyes and weighs about 50 lbs. I plan on Gaming mostly, and I know how important pixel response is, which is why i'm considering waiting for the FFD from mitsubishi. I was going to get the samsung 170T. Sadly, I cannot find any information on the FFD and I emailed their site and they have not responded.

PS. also in comment to your website, no offense but your prices on your website seem high, about 5%.

EndUser

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I like my Viewsonic VP201mb. It replaced my Viewsonic P810 CRT. The VP201mb is almost perfect, but I still use the CRT when color match must be more exact. Video card is ATI 8500 and I use digital for the VP201mb. There are no games on the network, so I do not know if the VP201mb would be good for games. DVD play is better on the VP201mb than on the P810 CRT. However, for reviewing XRAY, MRI, PET, and CT results, still using mainly CRT's: issues of screen size, pixel number, and brightness / contrast that were available back when equipment was purchased. That should be changing with new system upgrades / replacements.

kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Goto my post <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11150#11150" target="_new">here</A> (WHICH 18" LCD MONITOR), I could not be happier, Damn good looking display, I don't think I could be more satisfied with this one. ZERO DEAD PIXELS, I've heard so many people talk about acceptable amounts of DP's, I'm just glad I don't have any. Overall this one rocks, good color, perfect size, and awesome price for the quality of the Samsung 181T...

If I had it to do over again I would do the exact same thing!!!;)

<font color=red><b>Wealllovedisassemblingthingstoseehowitworks,butwhowantstoputitbacktogetheragain?

exe

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
I am also a happy Samsung user. Had an old (2yrs) 770analog,zero dead pixel, but it's an older tech. Viewsonic VG191B 4 stuck pixels. And then the Samsumg191T. The Samsung191T beats them all. I bought 4 of them and only one had a stuck pixel. The only thing I didn't like about them is that you cannot hardware adjust the contrast/color/temp on them. If you think it's expensive, well, it's depreciating by about $100 per month since I bought it 2 months ago LOL. 9 more months to $0 LOL.

What I look forward to getting: a 20 or 21 inch with a 1600x1200 resolution with the same thin bezel as the Samsung 191s. I'm not worried about the price because in the future, it will be cheaper than what my 191T's cost. I remember my Samsung770's cost me $1.5K back in July 2000.

littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
No. Sadly, though. I purchased the Viewsonic VG191 and
it seemed like an amazing delight to behold. I quickly
viewed the movie clip from the windows cd and was very
very impressed. I used it in DVI mode and analogue
for comparison (using a radeon 7500) and the analoque
was unacceptable (horizontal lines were black, but
vertical lines were gray, and diagonal lines were
in between). Then I rotated it and used the scroll
bars to view the detailed list of files in C:\Windows\*.*,
using windows explorer, and, to my disappointment,
the screen jerked, flickered, and coughed anytime I
scrolled (vertical OR horizontal). I switched to
landsacpe, and it still flickered when scrolling.
I switched to analog and it scrolled smooth as silk,
clean and easy, but the bad imaging with analog is
not acceptable. I tried a different video card
(Ledtek's Winfast A250) - no difference. Viewsonic
agreed this was a defect, but Dell sent me the wrong
shipping label (TWICE), so I had to pay out of pocket
to send it back for a refund. Waiting for refund.
Meanwhile, I went to some local stores to see if
the LCD's on display flickered when scrolling, and
I noticed that they all do that a little bit (in DVI mode),
but not as much as did my VG191. So, I guess I will
have to look for a CRT because I do a lot of scrolling.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Littleberry

coolcat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2002
I've got an LG flatron 563le and it's great! I whished it had a greater res and refresh rate, but apart from that it's great.

:mad: Are you talkin' to me? :mad:
:cool: That means you know martian :cool: