Sign in with
Your question

Best GPU and PSU combination for 240£

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2012 6:23:47 PM

Hi , so I want to buy a new GPU and I was thinking about this one :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004K8R8AI/ref=ox_sc...

but i'm afraid that my 450w PSU isn't good enough . This are my PC specs :

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2372902

If you think that I can get a better GPU be free to say so :)  Thanks for your time .
Related resources
a c 235 U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 6:46:58 PM

TheCereaKillerPT said:
Isn't this one better ? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-600CXV2UK-Builder...

I don't know , but more watts and it's cheaper , I guess it's better ?

more watts is rarely better especially when more watts is cheaper. the corsair is actually a solid budget unit so yes it will work. the difference between the two units are as follows

the 12v rail is what really powers a modern PC, especially gaming PCs where the CPU, GPU, HDD all run off the 12v rail. both units have 40a on the 12v rail so actually they offer the exact same power.

the antec build is based off a seasonic (the OEM) platform that uses japanese brand capacitors
the corsair is built by CWT (OEM) and uses a mix of taiwanese and chinese brand capacitors
the antec is the better platform

the antec offers bronze efficiency to the corsair's 80+. in the real world it's not a big difference but still the antec has the edge there

those three factors are the major differences between the two PSUs. that said, the corsair will do the job and is a solid PSU. the antec is a good PSU and it's up to you if the differences is worth the price.
May 17, 2012 7:35:01 PM

ct1615 said:
more watts is rarely better especially when more watts is cheaper. the corsair is actually a solid budget unit so yes it will work. the difference between the two units are as follows

the 12v rail is what really powers a modern PC, especially gaming PCs where the CPU, GPU, HDD all run off the 12v rail. both units have 40a on the 12v rail so actually they offer the exact same power.

the antec build is based off a seasonic (the OEM) platform that uses japanese brand capacitors
the corsair is built by CWT (OEM) and uses a mix of taiwanese and chinese brand capacitors
the antec is the better platform

the antec offers bronze efficiency to the corsair's 80+. in the real world it's not a big difference but still the antec has the edge there

those three factors are the major differences between the two PSUs. that said, the corsair will do the job and is a solid PSU. the antec is a good PSU and it's up to you if the differences is worth the price.

The major difference for me is that the Corsair I can order to Portugal without any problems and the antec I'm not 100% sure that it arrives . BTW , the normal Corsair price is 70£ .
a c 235 U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 7:49:46 PM

the corsair will do the job
May 17, 2012 7:56:34 PM

ct1615 said:
the corsair will do the job

Nice :)  BTW , what do u think about the card ?Is the 6950 better ? (1GB version of course)
a c 235 U Graphics card
May 17, 2012 8:50:38 PM

it depends on the exact game so do your research. plenty of sites use various games for benchmarks including anantech, techpowerup, techspot, etc.,

its a good card none the less
!