Hello all

I am looking into buying a new graphics card for my PC

Requirements
-At least 256mb
-Pixel shader 3.0
-Vertex shader 2.0
-T&L support

Any one got any good ideas?

I want to the above specs but forthe best price.

Thanks all

magnetica

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
It wont ley me edit the thread

So....

PS. I'm not too bothered about the price, anything up £120 will do, but £50-75 is my ideal budget

fuzzynuts11

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Depends on your PSU, if it's at least 450 watts or so from a good manufacturer (Seasonic, Corsair, Coolermaster etc), then you could go with a 6770.

http://www.dabs.com/products/xfx-ati-radeon-6770-hd-850mhz-1gb-pci-express-hdmi-7NQV.html?q=6770&src=16

That's a good one for the price. Uses little power, and comes with 2 free games. XFX also overclock well, and they have really good customer support. Their warranty even covers overclocking damage, so that's a real bonus too.

Imo, it's pretty much the best card in that price range, as AMD have generally good price/performance ratio, and the 6770 should be decent if you plan on playing games a lower resolutions.

EDIT: Use the quick edit button (Next to edit). If you plan on going for the £120 mark, I'd recommened a 6850. It almost matches a 560, although a little slower. If your CPU is up to it, you'll be able to play games fine on higher resolutions, and the card still draws little power (127W under load), so can run on even a Corsair CX430w.

magnetica

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Thanks very much for this, very helpful..

Im looking to play games like Fable:TLC , Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Im glad you recommend AMD. I bought a 1Gb nividia once, and it didn't even have PS2 lol.

I believe my PSU is strong enough.

I have a Pentium 4 HT 3.2Ghz, is that gonna be ok for the games?

fuzzynuts11

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

Not sure about the CPU being ok, but from what I gather, Fable and Fallout aren't too dependent on CPU, however the CPU is fairly outdated. The CPU would probably stuggle in FPS games and some newer RPGs such as Skyrim (Very CPU-dependent) otherwise you should be ok, although a bottleneck may occur with a 6850 or similar. If you can get me the model/brand of your PSU, I'll be able to assure you whether you'll be able to support the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS