Gtx 280 no signal problem ¬¬

marcbh1988

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Right i have been having problems for a few days now which is really starting to bother me..

I recently broke my gtx 260 whilst rebulding my system into my new case, the specs are as follows

P5ql-pro mobo
Q8200 cpu
8gb corsair paired ram (2gb x 4)
gtx 260 gpu
1tb hdd space
950watt power supply
cm storm case
Processor and 260 are water cooled.
I replaced the 260 with a 9800 gt because it wouldn't even spin up and ordered a gtx 280 asap.

The few days pass and finally i get the card and install it... It does not boot but spins up and just comes up with NO SIGNAL on the screen of my 40" samsung...

I have tried the following;

1 - testing 9800 again to make sure the port isn't bust... still works
2 - tried both dvi ports and all channels on tv... no signal
3 - tried three different power supplies... no signal
4 - tried in spare pc in loft with 450watt power supply and it boots... WTF!!!
5 - tried different connectors and such but still... no signal
6 - tried the power supply from spare pc in my pc... no signal
7 - removed mobo from case and placed on anti static bag on bed with power supply gpu and a power switch... no signal
8 - removed all ram so all there is connected is the mobo gpu and power supply... STILL F*****G NOTHIN

Can someone please help me im so stuck... i dont know if its a compatability problem but its deffo a problem ¬¬

marcbh1988

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Yeah all sinarios have been checked and im pretty sure its gotta be the mobo or cpu as it works time after time with the 9800gt and also with the gtx 280 in the other lesser pc... i even used the same connectors and power supply with no ram but all the time still no signal. Could there possibly be any settings to change in bios or something... does anyone know much about these kind of problems...

I am truely stumped its just i dont want to have to change mobo and cpu as i have used it for well over a couple of years flawlessly.

Although maybe its time to save and upgrade to a better, more OC'able mobo and cpu as they are not known to be that good for it.

It seems like you have tried all the possible combinations to troubleshoot. I must say I'd be pretty frustrated by now.
It's a new card and so I'd suggest try using a spare monitor (in the loft) if you have one to try and boot it up.
First boots are usually pretty fussy when we try using extreme hardware right in the beginning.A 40in isn't exactly the standard the they used on the Mobo testing ...
It's just a try, I can't really think of anything else.

marcbh1988

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
nope, im thinking whether its worth me rolling back the mobo drivers to factory setting and letting them update on restart....

i think this is possible but i dont really know how... any1 got any ideas??

marcbh1988

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
also can any1 give me a link to a site tyo update my bios for my mobo as all ones i find it comes up with its the wrong compatability even tho it says can run win7 64 bit ¬¬

im gonna crty soon and just give up and get new mobo and cpu...

marcbh1988

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Yeah that version when i try to install says wrong compatability as always...

The dx is all up to date and audio too but i dont see how updating the 9800gt will help but thats up to date too.