Sign in with
Your question

Which ATI for £100 ?????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2009 7:53:40 PM

Welcome ,
I'm planning to buy a ATI graphic card and I dont want to spend more then 100 GBP.($160)

I'll appreciate any Good Recomendations. Thanx a lot :D 

More about : ati 100

a c 130 U Graphics card
November 5, 2009 8:00:31 PM

E100 is about $160? The HD5770 is a great card for that price.
November 5, 2009 8:22:28 PM

Well, I've found one HD5770 on ebay for £120 GBP (thats about 195 USD) well prices in the UK are much higher then in US :/ 
I was wondering If you can tell me what it means ?(Memory Width 128 bit) is that the same thing as memory interface ??? dont think so...
Thx
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 5, 2009 8:24:53 PM

I don't know exactly what everything means. I just know how it performs, sorry!

Though looking at the specifications of a card on paper isn't good.
November 5, 2009 8:34:01 PM

Cool dude . Could you please tell me one more thing ? What about manuf.? which you think is best ? Hell Forge , ASUS ,Sapphire or PowerColor ????
November 5, 2009 8:36:49 PM

LoL :D  BattleForge not hell forge ,heeeh :D  sorry
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2009 8:39:30 PM

Well, I haven't even heard of the first one, but I own Asus and Sapphire cards and they have all been fine.

Memory bandwidth is referring to the number of bits transferred (128) per memory cycle. So when choosing a card, take both ram speed and bandwidth into account when determining ram performance.
November 5, 2009 8:53:08 PM

Thanx for the info :) 
And I think you are right about the manuf. Asus and sapphire are the mots populare ones. Thx
a b U Graphics card
November 5, 2009 8:59:21 PM

No problem. So are you thinking of going with a 5770? That should be a really nice card.
November 5, 2009 9:02:51 PM

well , it looks like i have no choice :/  I'm running Sparkle 9800gt 1gb at the moment but having a lot of problems with it :/  generally I'm not happy about nvidia :( 
The 5770 looks better :D  well price is "better" too :D  I'll go for it.
November 6, 2009 2:03:50 PM

Wait, wait, what's the purpose of the system?? I mean, obviously you're gonna play nice games on that, BUT dollar by dollar (or pund by punds in this case) de HD 4870 still beats the 5770 more often than not thanks to it's 256 bit memory bandwidth, so if this is only for gaming you can spend $30 less in a 4870 and get a better frame rate almost every time.
Of course if you are planning for a multi-display array, then the Radeon HD 5770 with it's eyefinity technology is the right answer... just consider that before you buy.
November 6, 2009 6:35:22 PM

winterblade said:
Wait, wait, what's the purpose of the system?? I mean, obviously you're gonna play nice games on that, BUT dollar by dollar (or pund by punds in this case) de HD 4870 still beats the 5770 more often than not thanks to it's 256 bit memory bandwidth, so if this is only for gaming you can spend $30 less in a 4870 and get a better frame rate almost every time.
Of course if you are planning for a multi-display array, then the Radeon HD 5770 with it's eyefinity technology is the right answer... just consider that before you buy.

Thanx for an advice man ^^ I 'll think about it .
and the pc is for games and graphic software such as photoshop .
P.S: What u mean by multi-display array ?
a c 179 U Graphics card
November 6, 2009 7:13:29 PM

@ Pshemax: Winterblade means the 5770 can drive several monitors at once (3), take a look at the ATI site for the blurb.
The HD4870 is slightly faster than the 5770, particulary at higher resolutions and with AA enabled, it can also be found for less but it runs hotter and some can be noisy. Read the customer reviews, or look to the Newegg site: Find your card of choice and see what the Americans say about it before making the decision:) 
I have had a HD4870 (killed it:(  ) and have to say the HD5770 really is just a fraction slower, enough to see in a benchmark but not enough to notice during gameplay.
If you can afford it, go for the HD5770, it's cooler and, in my experience, quieter than the HD4870 as well as having DX11 and Eyefinity at its fingertips (and better HD sound).
If you cannot afford the HD5770, you're still a winner, the HD4870 is a cracking card for the money!But be quick, they're selling fast and some units have sold out already.
November 6, 2009 8:11:05 PM

coozie7 said:
@ Pshemax: Winterblade means the 5770 can drive several monitors at once (3), take a look at the ATI site for the blurb.
The HD4870 is slightly faster than the 5770, particulary at higher resolutions and with AA enabled, it can also be found for less but it runs hotter and some can be noisy. Read the customer reviews, or look to the Newegg site: Find your card of choice and see what the Americans say about it before making the decision:) 
I have had a HD4870 (killed it:(  ) and have to say the HD5770 really is just a fraction slower, enough to see in a benchmark but not enough to notice during gameplay.
If you can afford it, go for the HD5770, it's cooler and, in my experience, quieter than the HD4870 as well as having DX11 and Eyefinity at its fingertips (and better HD sound).
If you cannot afford the HD5770, you're still a winner, the HD4870 is a cracking card for the money!But be quick, they're selling fast and some units have sold out already.

Well , since the prices of both cards are similar ( on ebay.co.uk ) I think I'll go for 5770, especialy after what you've told me about the temp. and noice.
Thanx buddy for a good advice.
cya.
!