Crazy price for an 8800GTS 640MB! (£131.69)

Nice deal!

Now that would make it very attractive, and I have heard of Zotac before, they're a small nV AIB partner like Club3D for ATi/AMD.

But 4-6 weeks though, that's just nutz! 8O

Be sure to get a price guarantee with that kind of thing, a great X1650XT deal was posted but the reason for the price was they were out of stock and no guarantee on price when they finally do get more.

NamronSllim

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
well the dollar is fareing better against the pound since I last checked. You are right 260.00 and they have been putting out Nvidia cards for a while and have alot of choices but you could not get that delivered to the states without taking up the rest of what it costs here

logical2u

Yea, international shipping really sucks. Here's hoping, however, that the other manufacturers start to follow suit "across the pond"...

Even with the price, I'm still iffy about an Nvidia card, considering I need X64 Vista Drivers upon release (Which, according to what I've heard, Nvidia sorely lacks... or something).

The R600 at 400 dollars then really needs to blow the 640 GTS out of the water, or else Nvidia can just flood the market with these medium/high-end cards at the medium-end card pricing.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Its selling for $365 CAD on NCIX btw and FYI 8)

I bought mine for like $120 off in december for $440 and thats still a good deal, but this is uber cheap. The 320mb version is $330 so...

StormB

Distinguished
May 14, 2007
I think rather than going by (ever volatile) exchange rates for comparison against US prices, I think it's easier to say that this is barely above the current average UK price for either a 256MB 7950GT or a 256MB 8600GTS (£115 is the cheapest I've seen these).

That is why I am of the opinion that this price is an error by Amazon, and also is why I ordered one so quickly! :)

The cheapest I've seen one of these 640MB 8800GTS's is at scan.co.uk for £215, and even then that didnt include delivery. There's no way the price of these cards is going to drop ~£80 ($160) in 6 weeks!

.... of course there's always the possibility Amazon realise they've made a mistake and refuse to honour the order. :?

Will

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
well the price just shot up to a stupidly high level. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zotac nFire 8800GTS 640MB PCIE HDTV
by Zotac

Price: £500.00 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK

neblogai

Distinguished
It was on sale for 131 at least from friday, internet is full of people in forums saying they have purchased it:) However, seems like Amazon is already saying it was a mistake, and no cards will be shipped at that price:)

ichabod

Dont forget Uk prices are normally way higher than US prices partially due to the included 17.5% VAT.. in other words this is equivalent to around $220 if you exclude tax! I ordered one. Yesterday amazon put the price up to 500pounds! I emailed them to ask if they would hnour the original price and they appear to have said yes (I think?)

Dear ****

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

Please allow me to apologise for the confusion we have caused with the
pricing of "Zotac nFire 8800GTS 640MB PCIE HDTV".

The discounts we offer on our website do vary from time to time.

I've checked the price of "Zotac nFire 8800GTS 640MB PCIE HDTV" and
can confirm that our price for this item was 131.69 GBP when you
placed your order.

Rest assured that you'll be charged be only 131.69 GBP for this item.

If you have any further questions, please visit our online Help
pages:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Please be assured that we will be happy to research any future
enquiries you may have. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:
******
If not, click here:
*******

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section
of our website.

Warmest regards

Arun kumar chhetri
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk
Free UK delivery on orders over GBP 15 (See details & conditions)
www.amazon.co.uk/supersaverdelivery

> Date: Mon May 14 18:38:55 UTC 2007
> Subject: Why Hasn't My Stuff Been Dispatched?
> To: "form-info@amazon.co.uk" form-info@amazon.co.uk
> From: *****
>

> ---------------
> 05/14/07 19:38:31
> Your name:****
> Order No: *****
> ITEMS:
> Zotac nFire 8800GTS 640MB PCIE HDTV
> Comments:Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I have noticed that the price for the Zotac nFire 8800GTS 640MB
PCIE HDTV has now increased to £500. Will my order priced at £131.69
be honoured?

> Regards
> *****
>
> ---------------

AtomicMitten

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Well I just got an E-Mail from Amazon cancelling my order due to the pricing mistake ? So I replied to them saying I would go to the small claims court if they don't honour it.

StormB

Distinguished
May 14, 2007
Well I just got an E-Mail from Amazon cancelling my order due to the pricing mistake ? So I replied to them saying I would go to the small claims court if they don't honour it.

let me know how it goes.. i got the same email from them as well but haven't pursued it. if you're successful i'll do the same :)

personally i don't think they have any legal obligation under uk law to fulfil the order, as they haven't taken any money.. but i'd love to be proved wrong :)

will

yourmothersanastronaut

Yeah, it was a mistake that they should have caught, they have to honor those listed prices. I mean, all those lost profits would be a drop in the proverbial bucket for Amazon.

If I were in Amazon's place I'd honor the lower prices and keep all those people as customers, rather than have to go to court (small claims or not!) and probably lose all those people forever. Bad publicity!

ARM

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004
Yes, I think it is illegal to not honour the price. You have, after all entered into an agreement with Amazon by placing an order with them. They will probably send a cancellation email to everyone who ordered one to try and get them to pussy out.

AtomicMitten

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
I just received a further E-Mail from Amazon stating that they won't honour the price even though they did for our other member.

Therefore I have informed them I will be taking it to court, as I feel sure any Judge will agree , that what's good for one customer is good for another.