51° Celsius on Asus 6600GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2005 2:00:45 AM

Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!

bye,

fwwME

More about : celsius asus 6600gt

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 2:00:46 AM

"fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote in message
> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>
> bye,
>
> fwwME

My Leadtek 6600GT is at 56 C right now, just surfing.
Hotter than a witch's tit today.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:21:03 AM

For comparison, what are the temperatures of your
CPU
Motherboard
air inside the system case
room ambient temperature.

And do you have a Pentium 4 Prescott?

Phil Weldon

"fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote in message
> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>
> bye,
>
> fwwME

June 12, 2005 2:26:56 PM

"Phil Weldon" <notdiscosed@example.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> For comparison, what are the temperatures of your
> CPU
> Motherboard
> air inside the system case
> room ambient temperature.
>
> And do you have a Pentium 4 Prescott?
>
> Phil Weldon

On full-load

CPU 45°
M/b there isn't sensor ( GA-K8NF-9 )
Inside Case 55° ( Nvidia 6600GT sensor )
Room Ambient 25°
Gpu 85°

My sistem is A64 939 (230x10)@ 1,4V & Asus 6600GT 128Mb PCI-E. The Power
Supply is Enermax Noise-taker 495W.

bye

fwwME
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:30:03 PM

fwwME wrote:
> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!

heh at most my gainward 6600GT AGP is 40C idle, 50C heavy load.
June 12, 2005 3:30:04 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:30:03 +1200, gimp <anonymous@smeg.com> wrote:

>fwwME wrote:
>> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>
>heh at most my gainward 6600GT AGP is 40C idle, 50C heavy load.

my 6800gt is at 51 idle atm
June 12, 2005 4:38:40 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:00:45 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote:

>Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>
>bye,
>
>fwwME

Is this the AGP version, ? if so all the reviews slated it because it go to
hot, that is why I got a Leadtek..
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 4:38:41 PM

"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Is this the AGP version, ? if so all the reviews slated it because it go
> hot, that is why I got a Leadtek..

No, it's PCI-e :(
June 12, 2005 5:55:29 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 01:31:23 +0100, joel <lcfc_fan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:30:03 +1200, gimp <anonymous@smeg.com> wrote:
>
>>fwwME wrote:
>>> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>>
>>heh at most my gainward 6600GT AGP is 40C idle, 50C heavy load.
>

>my 6800gt is at 51 idle atm

You can't complare a AGP version with a PCI-E version as its does not have
the HSI chip that get Very Hot..
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 10:14:48 PM

No worries. The chip is designed to handle 85 C just fine. It can actually
survive ~ 120 C, non-sustained. All it means is that you should use an
aftermarket cooler (like the NV Silencer) for overclocking.

"fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote in message
> Is it normal on idle ??? On full-load ( 3DMark05 ) it's 85 !!!
>
> bye,
>
> fwwME

June 13, 2005 2:16:19 AM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:26:56 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote:

>"Phil Weldon" <notdiscosed@example.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> For comparison, what are the temperatures of your
>> CPU
>> Motherboard
>> air inside the system case
>> room ambient temperature.
>>
>> And do you have a Pentium 4 Prescott?
>>
>> Phil Weldon
>>
>On full-load
>
>CPU 45°
>M/b there isn't sensor ( GA-K8NF-9 )
>Inside Case 55° ( Nvidia 6600GT sensor )
>Room Ambient 25°
>Gpu 85°
>
>My sistem is A64 939 (230x10)@ 1,4V & Asus 6600GT 128Mb PCI-E. The Power
>Supply is Enermax Noise-taker 495W.
>
>bye
>
>fwwME

Ho many case fans do you have and how tall is the case..
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:16:20 AM

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:26:56 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it>
> wrote:
>

> Ho many case fans do you have and how tall is the case..

2 Low noise case fan (80x80x25 2000RPM) , 1 in front push air inside,
another rear extract air outside.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:16:21 AM

Could be too little air flow through case. An indoor/outdoor digital
thermometer (RadioShack, about $10-$15 US) can be used to probe the air
temperature at various spots inside the case, and/or taped to surfaces to
measure the temperature of various components. It might be that just
reversing the two fans would help (have the coolest air hit the warmest
parts first.) If you were to add a fan, try a 120 mm fan mounted in the
side of the case, blowing directly into the area containing the display
adapter, CPU, VRMs, memory (given that the fan for the CPU heatsink blows in
toward the CPU heatsink.) A 120 mm hole in the side of the case can be done
(if it is aluminum or steel) by drilling a 3/8" hole, then using a hand
nibbler (about $10 US at RadioShack) to cut out the circle, finishing with a
rat tail file, using a electrostatic filter (nylon mesh) on the outside of
the opening (serving also as a bezel.)

Phil Weldon

> "Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:26:56 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Ho many case fans do you have and how tall is the case..
>>
> 2 Low noise case fan (80x80x25 2000RPM) , 1 in front push air inside,
> another rear extract air outside.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:16:22 AM

> If you were to add a fan, try a 120 mm fan mounted in the side of the
> case, blowing directly into the area containing the display adapter, CPU,
> VRMs, memory (given that the fan for the CPU heatsink blows in toward the
> CPU heatsink.)

As soon as possible i'll try to add this fan, i think it's the only solution
:)
But the question is ... Why NVidia launch theirs gpu without any accurate
testing or they think PC cases are always open ??? :-/

Anyway thanks for your interesting,

bye

fwwME
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:16:23 AM

'fwwME' wrote, in part::
"As soon as possible i'll try to add this fan, i think it's the only
solution :)  But the question is ... Why NVidia launch theirs gpu without
any accurate testing or they think PC cases are always open ??? :-/"

I'd suggest using a thermometer to get an idea of temperatures inside the
case before adding the side fan; you could get a clue that the heatsink on
the GPU is incorrectly installed. The side fan addition isn't difficult,
but it does take a few hours to do a good job with inexpensive hand tools (a
Dremel Moto Tool or the like is a big help in smoothing the hole.

Some components are not necessarily cooler when the case is open; it all
depends on the amount of air flow AND WHERE THAT AIR GETS.

Since your problem is heat related, you might try posting your question on
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.

Good luck, and please post your results.

Phil Weldon

> "Phil Weldon" <notdiscosed@example.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> If you were to add a fan, try a 120 mm fan mounted in the side of the
>> case, blowing directly into the area containing the display adapter, CPU,
>> VRMs, memory (given that the fan for the CPU heatsink blows in toward the
>> CPU heatsink.)
>
> As soon as possible i'll try to add this fan, i think it's the only
> solution :)
> But the question is ... Why NVidia launch theirs gpu without any accurate
> testing or they think PC cases are always open ??? :-/
>
> Anyway thanks for your interesting,
>
> bye
>
> fwwME

June 13, 2005 5:34:03 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:36:11 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it> wrote:

>"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:26:56 +0200, "fwwME" <fwwME[REMOVE]@tele2.it>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Ho many case fans do you have and how tall is the case..
>>
>2 Low noise case fan (80x80x25 2000RPM) , 1 in front push air inside,
>another rear extract air outside.

I have 1x 120mm at the front 2x 80mm as the back a PCI slot fan and a 2
fan PSU in a 17" tall case aprox..
!