HELP!!! I flashed my MX400 bios and It´s screwd up

G

I recently went to gainward´s site and downloaded their flash bios utility and rom file. Afer sucessfully following the manual and flashing I restarted my PC and it´s total CHAOS! The video is all screwed up, it´s hardly readable. Suddenly I saw that I used a file for a PCI card instead of an AGP. Could this be it?? Is there any hope?? Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can put an old PCI card in (in addition to the AGP card), hook the monitor to that, then use the flash utility to reflash the AGP card!

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
you are on the net now, download the proper flash bios, if your videocard is barely readble you should beable to stumble through the flash process again, and ocne you have it fixxed , NEVER FLASH YOUR BIOS AGAIN UNLESS ITS BROKEN!

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

Ok here is what I see. As I boot up the sistem the image is already a mess. It looks as if someone got a X-acto knife and cut vertical lines across my monitor, some parts overlap one another and there are character repetitions all over the place. I realize now that I messed up because I flashed a file destined for a PCI card. Since mine is an AGP that´s probably the trouble. I wrote to gainward but still haven´t gotten a reply. They have 2 drivers available for the MX400 one with a core setting of 200Mhz and memory 167Mhz(default) and another with core and memory at 220Mhz. Theres no telling wich one to use so i´m all confused.
Thanks again.

don't write them that will take forever... call them up and do yourself a favor and never flash anything if your confused. Call them up first and ask which file to download or better yet tell them to email you the correct bios.

lesson learned eh? it happens.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>