Hi. reposted since the other was in the acer forum :0
For a friend of mine. PLEASE link to uk sites, thanks
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 or 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
should be slightly portable but no need to be too small.
5. How much battery life do you need?
3.5 hours minimum
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm not sure exactly what games he plays, Minecraft at high, Civ/Starcraft type games at medium and shooters at medium
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
word processing, movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not sure how much he needs but 500GB should do it.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
ANY OTHER SITES THAT SHIP TO UK
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
cd/dvd writer and reader.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No alienware. Overpriced and WAY too big.
I don't know many laptop brands, MSI, Asus, any reliable dealer will be fine.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
8GB of RAM would be preferred.
Willing to sacrifice CPU power for GPU power.