Your question

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 620M Graphics vs ati 7670m

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 18, 2012 12:34:29 PM

Hello,
please update which is better
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2012 12:38:23 PM

7670m. Hands down, regardless of what CPU it is coupled with.
m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2012 1:01:38 PM

I'd say the 7670m unless it's coupled with an A4.

It'd be better if you linked the laptops you were considering, the CPU is choice is always quite important on a laptop since laptop CPUs are cheap.
m
l
October 18, 2012 5:21:49 PM

nbelote said:
7670m. Hands down, regardless of what CPU it is coupled with.

I am with him/her... the Radeon will give you a huge jump for newer games, especially considering it can push Borderlands 2 decently on High with a really fast processor (albeit only about 15-20 FPS). The 620 just can't handle that load, I wouldn't go for it considering this is a new purchase. I think the AMD would give you at least 15%+ performance on higher resolutions than the 620... but this is from what I have seen with my own eyes, no benchmarks. The AMD with an i5 outperformed the 620 on Starcraft II with an i7. It's a shame, because my 6370M couldn't touch either of them, but hey, I still held my own, even though I had lower textures and FPS than they did. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
m
l
October 18, 2012 5:32:20 PM

Why get such a crappy laptop? With a 500$ PC you would probably double your performance and then you could get a cheap netbook or something for mobility. I mean, if you're going to be playing games on a laptop, it's not worth it if in one year or two there isn't a single game you can play decently well.
m
l
October 18, 2012 5:37:18 PM

firedice said:
Why get such a crappy laptop? With a 500$ PC you would probably double your performance and then you could get a cheap netbook or something for mobility. I mean, if you're going to be playing games on a laptop, it's not worth it if in one year or two there isn't a single game you can play decently well.

Hilarious! I bought this ASUS K52 a year and a half ago. I can't even play Witcher 2 on it. At all. I have an i7 with a 6370M and still can't run Witcher 2 on LOW settings. It is truly, truly pathetic. So here I am, deciding how I am going to budget my own build this year because for school, work and fun, this laptop is amazing, but for gaming with the big dawgs, I am leaps and bounds behind. My lack of gaming performance should not discourage you from the AMD, this chip is great on other games (I guess Witcher 2 is designed with Nvidia in mind, not sure), but of the two you are looking at, I still firmly believe the 7670M is better than the Nvidia you are bumping it to for performance consideration.
m
l
October 18, 2012 7:42:19 PM

firedice said:

Because for some people the mobility and versatility of a single computer will always be worth more than metrics in a pixelated reality.
m
l
!