My budget is £300 or less. I am not able to go over £300.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Around 15.6 inches, just a standard laptop size.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not too fussed, standard size should do for the standard screen size.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
This isn't a replacement, but will be used on the go to write up essays for university but will also be used on trains and at my home for games. I already have a rig for games but I am looking for a laptop that can play some of my steam games on the fly, eg. Left for dead 2, half life 2 and other source games.
5. How much battery life do you need?
The battery life doesn't matter too much, anything over 3 hours would be great.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I already have a rig for games but I am looking for a laptop that can play some of my steam games on the fly, eg. Left for dead 2, half life 2 and other source games. Low - medium would be great on these games, mainly just looking for playability of shininess.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I would just use it for watching films, video, and occasionally playing music out of headphones/speakers. The speakers do not have to be powerful as I regularly use headphones.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As it is not a replacement laptop, as I already have a computer, any size will do. Anything around the 200gb upwards mark would be great.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any sites will do as long as the postage isn't extortionate as I live in the UK.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For at least 3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just a standard dvd rom will be fine.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm a big fan of HP G series and Toshiba satellites as they have been reliable in the past.
13. What country do you live in?
I live in the UK.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Just to clarify, this laptop will be used for writing up essays, so will need a decent battery life in power saver mode - around 3 hours, and will also be used to play games while plugged in. This games won't be too recent but a dedicated graphics card is a must. Bluetooth is would also be a nice feature, but is not necessary.
The colour doesn't matter too much, as long its not too brash - like a purple or a pink or yellow or something too sharp. Blue, red and black would be most favourable.
I have found a laptop already as a reference point for the sort of laptop I am looking for.
for that small price you would struggle to fin something that can play left 4 dead 2, the only thing you can do is hope that £500 laptops are reduced to £300 in sales, pc world have a good £200 movie/knowhow/apps, music and vouchers for pc world when you buy a laptop by the 12th of september so consider that...
That is the sort of laptop I am looking for, something like a G6 with a dedicated graphics card but I can't go a single penny over £300 sadly.
And I'm going to buy a laptop within a week or so, so I can't exactly wait for sales.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though