OCZ Technology's 2012 Fiscal Year Revenue Up 92%
Over the past 12 months, we have continually seen OCZ Technology grow alongside the SSD market.
Over the past 12 months, we have seen many products released from OCZ Technology revolving around the SSD market. To list just a few of these products that have hit our benchmark tables; Vertex 4, Vertex 3, Octane, RevoDrive Hybrid, and RevoDrive 3 X2. In addition, we have seen OCZ Technology finalize its purchases of Indilinx & SANRAD Ltd. and making a switch from a LSI SandForce controller to a partnership with Marvell and its new Indilinx Everest controllers. All this has helped push OCZ to a net revenue increase of 92 percent. Those numbers are impressive in themselves but breaking it down a little further, OCZ saw a 154 percent increase in SSD revenue. This is a statement on OCZ's performance (despite all the 2011 issues with the SandForce controller) and how the market has embraced SSDs over the past 12 months.
- Fiscal year 2012, net revenue increased 92% to $365.8 million compared with fiscal year 2011 net revenue of $190.1 million. Net revenue in Q4'12 was a record $110.4 million, and increased 71% compared with net revenue of $64.6 million reported in Q4'11.
- Fiscal year 2012, SSD revenue was $338.9 million, up 154% compared with $133.2 million in fiscal year 2011. Q4'12 SSD revenue reached a record $103.2 million; an increase of 77% compared with Q4'11 SSD revenue of $58.2 million.
- Fiscal year 2012 gross margins increased to 22.5% compared to 12.7% with fiscal year 2011. Q4'12 gross margin increased to 25.0% compared with 16.6% in Q4'11, and 22.5% in Q3'12.
- Net loss for Q4'12 was $10.9 million or $0.19 loss per share compared with a net loss of $9.3 million or $0.27 loss per share in Q4'11.
- Non-GAAP net loss for Q4'12 was $6.0 million or $0.11 loss per share as compared with a non-GAAP net loss for Q4'11 of $0.8 million or $0.02 loss per share.
We look forward to seeing what OCZ Technology has in store for end-users in the second half of 2012, along with all the other SSD manufacturers such as Crucial, OWC, Intel and Corsair.