More Dragon Age is coming next spring.
BioWare's fantasy RPG from last year is getting a sequel. Sure, we knew ahead of time that BioWare set out to make Dragon Age a series, but today it's official with the launch of the dedicated website.
Details are scant at the moment, but GameInformer magazine has the exclusive first story in issue 208.
For now, check out the wallpaper-sized images above and below for the first concept art.
Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
The debut trailer for the game is coming August 17, so stay tuned!
Dragon Age II will be on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in March 2011.