Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in

Gigabyte Launches its Low-Profile GTX 750

By - Source: Tom's Hardware US | B 11 comments

This is Gigabyte's low-profile GTX 750, which has good display connectivity for a low-profile card.

Gigabyte is announcing a new variant of a GTX 750 card – the GV-N750OC-2GL. This graphics card is a dual-slot low-profile GTX 750 with a factory overclock.

Many low-profile cards are single-slot cards, and are therefore gimped with cooling. This is a dual-slot card, so it will have a wee bit more cooling power. With this, it can sustain clock speeds of 1059 MHz base, and as long as it stays within thermal limits it will boost up to 1137 MHz. This card draws all of its power from the PCI-Express port and needs no additional PCI-Express power connectors.

The card comes with a standard width bracket installed, but it ships with a low-profile bracket as well. When using this bracket, you won't be sacrificing any ports; display connectivity remains covered by two HDMI ports, a DVI port, and a DisplayPort interface. This is quite a good set of connectors for a low-profile card.

No exact word on pricing yet, but given that this product is a little more niche than most GTX 750s, we can expect it to cost about $10-$20 more than standard GTX 750 cards. The GTX 750 Ti variant of this card is expected to come in August.

Follow Niels Broekhuijsen @NBroekhuijsen. Follow us @tomshardware, on Facebook and on Google+.

Discuss
Add a comment
Ask a Category Expert
React To This Article

Create a new thread in the News comments forum about this subject

Example: Notebook, Android, SSD hard drive

  • 3 Hide
    TechyInAZ , July 23, 2014 5:02 PM
    Good idea gigabyte!! I'd buy one for my Atom D525 if I get funds for it. But the ATOM only has one PCI (non express) slot.
  • -2 Hide
    Shneiky , July 23, 2014 5:31 PM
    Dear video card manufacturers, what we need is a SINGLE SLOT GTX 750. Not dual slot lower profile. Most mini ITX cases can handle only single slot cards that I have available for purchase to me in my region. Low profile or not - does not matter.
  • 2 Hide
    Gabriel Fonseca , July 23, 2014 9:30 PM
    Quote:
    Dear video card manufacturers, what we need is a SINGLE SLOT GTX 750. Not dual slot lower profile. Most mini ITX cases can handle only single slot cards that I have available for purchase to me in my region. Low profile or not - does not matter.


    They actually have one or two out there http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=933
  • Add your comment Display all 11 comments.
  • 0 Hide
    SirKnobsworth , July 24, 2014 1:13 AM
    If I'm not mistaken the box says it comes with 2GB of VRAM.
  • 0 Hide
    Haravikk , July 24, 2014 2:55 AM
    Why supply a full-size DVI connector on a low profile card? I'd much rather they hadn't and just focused on using the extra grill width for better cooling, as it's incredibly easy to get an adaptor from display port or HDMI to DVI if you need it.
  • 1 Hide
    Au_equus , July 24, 2014 9:33 AM
    galaxy already has a LP gtx 750 ti
    http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrBONUS-Low-profile-brackets-now-included-freebrbrFree-Gift-150-In-Game-for-Warface-Path-of-Exile-and-Heroes-of-Newerth_p_90.html
  • 1 Hide
    CRITICALThinker , July 24, 2014 9:39 AM
    Quote:
    Why supply a full-size DVI connector on a low profile card? I'd much rather they hadn't and just focused on using the extra grill width for better cooling, as it's incredibly easy to get an adaptor from display port or HDMI to DVI if you need it.
    The DVI port would be for VGA compatibility, not much more.
  • 1 Hide
    photonboy , July 24, 2014 2:58 PM
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Why supply a full-size DVI connector on a low profile card? I'd much rather they hadn't and just focused on using the extra grill width for better cooling, as it's incredibly easy to get an adaptor from display port or HDMI to DVI if you need it.
    The DVI port would be for VGA compatibility, not much more.


    Keep in mind that most of the air goes back into the case anyway and is exhausted via the case fans. I doubt replacing the DVI with some more exhaust would make any noticeable noise difference overall.
  • 3 Hide
    BanzaiWasabi , July 24, 2014 11:21 PM
    So now we have single slot GTX 750Ti's and low profile 750Ti's. I'm still waiting for a single-slot low-profile version. It would be the perfect upgrade for someone with a slim OEM PC without a lot of PSU headroom :-)
  • 0 Hide
    photonboy , July 27, 2014 4:51 AM
    Quote:
    So now we have single slot GTX 750Ti's and low profile 750Ti's. I'm still waiting for a single-slot low-profile version. It would be the perfect upgrade for someone with a slim OEM PC without a lot of PSU headroom :-)


    Are there many PC cases that only support a single slot for the graphics card? If so, I think they're not that common so probably the reason no cards are being made.
  • 0 Hide
    rwpritchett , July 27, 2014 7:50 AM
    Quote:
    Are there many PC cases that only support a single slot for the graphics card? If so, I think they're not that common so probably the reason no cards are being made.
    ITX. Pretty much all slim ITX cases have only one slot. You have to go slim micro-ATX to get multiple slots and that's too big if you want a small/portable gaming box. Single slot and low profile is what the ITX gamers want.
React To This Article