Kingston's new SSDs get a new TRIM
Kingston is cranking up its solid state drive offering with a second-generation model line named SSDNow V+. Most notable in this new generation is Windows 7 TRIM support, which will help keep performance of the drive consistent throughout its use.
”The new SSDNow V+ is an ideal solid-state drive for high-level consumers and in corporate environments where efficiency and performance are important as more system resources are in use,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “Users will be more productive as the drive now features TRIM support, is available in higher capacities and is speedier overall with improved read/write speeds.”
The SSDNow V+ expands its size offerings to include 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. As part of Kingston’s goal to provide an easy upgrade path, the drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5" USB enclosure, 2.5" to 3.5" mounting brackets and SATA data and power cables.
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Speed: 230MB/sec. read; 180MB/sec. write
- Innovative: 2.5" form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Shock Resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Power specs: 2.6W active; 0.15W idle
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF