Kingston yesterday threw another entry into the SSD mix by introducing the SSDNow V+ line, available in capacities up to 256 GB.
The memory company boasts that its new V+ line is capable of sequential read speeds of up to 220 MB/sec. and write speeds of up to 180 MB/sec. The new drives also feature random 4K read speeds of up to 6,300 IOPS, and random 4K writes of up to 291 IOPS.
Full specifications are as follows:
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Read Throughput*: 64GB, 128GB & 256GB - 220MB/sec.
- Sequential Write Throughput*:
- 64GB - 140MB/sec.
- 128GB - 170MB/sec.
- 256GB - 180MB/sec.
- IOPS (Input and Output Operations per Second)*:
- Random 4K read - 6,300 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 64GB - 84 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 128GB - 158 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 256GB - 291 IOPS
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity**: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Storage temperatures: -40 C to 85 C
- Operating temperatures: 0 C to 70 C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.7G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Power specs: Active: 2.6W; Idle: 0.15W
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
Manufacturer suggested retail prices are: $254 for the 64 GB; $500 for the 128 GB; and $992 for the 256 GB.