New drivers for Windows 8.1 Preview.
Nvidia has announced the release of its GeForce 327.23 driver, which is the recommended driver update for Windows 8.1 Preview. There's also a boost in performance for GeForce 400/500/600/700 Series GPUs compared to 320.49. Though results will vary depending on your graphics card and system, Nvidia offers the following as an example of measured gains:
- GeForce GTX 770:
- Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
- Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
- GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
- Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
- Up to 11% in F1 2012
- SLI Technology
- Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
- Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
- Enables GeForce to SHIELD streaming. Learn more here.
- 4K Displays
- Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
- Adds support for 4K FCAT testing
- Extended support for tiled 4K features
- Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
- Installs HD Audio v18.104.22.168
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
You can download the new GeForce 326.80 drivers on www.geforce.com.