Extreme details make Alien Vs. Predator one of the few games that can take advantage of multiple high-end graphics processors at medium resolutions. We already see the advantage of three-way SLI at our lowest test setting, and even more surprising is the P55+NF200 lead.
CPU bottlenecks become less of an issue as we push towards GPU limits. Just as surprising as the P55 win at middle resolutions is the X58’s win at high resolutions, since GPU “bottlenecks” should be far more restrictive than platform differences.
Possible reasons for the X58 platform’s win include its triple-channel memory controller, the slight latency increase caused by adding an NF200 bridge mid-stream on the P55 motherboard, or both.
- Three-Way Goes Mainstream?
- The P55 Challenger
- The P55 Challenger, Continued
- The X58 Defender
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark
- Benchmark Results: Alien Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Performance Analysis
- Power And Efficiency