3ds Max doesn’t appear to benefit from bandwidth or latency optimizations, though it does appear to penalize poorly-configured settings just slightly.
G.Skill’s optimized DDR3-2400 timings give it a one-second lead in WinRAR. I was able to repeat that on Corsair’s Vengeance Pro kit at DDR3-2800, but only after manually removing the motherboard’s DDR3-2800 penalty.
It'd seem that the board, rather than the processor's memory controller or DRAM, could be responsible for mediocre differentiation. It's also possible that at these high data rates, additional bandwidth simply isn't being utilized in real-world benchmarks.
- Our Search For The Ultimate DRAM
- Test System Configuration
- Adata XPG AX3U2800W8G12 DDR3-2800
- Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY32GX3M4A2800C12R
- G.Skill RipjawsX F3-2400C11Q-32GXM
- Kingston HyperX Beast-Series KHX24C11T3K4/32X
- Patriot Viper 3 PV332G240C1QK
- Optimizing Latencies
- Overclocking And Bandwidth
- Gaming Performance
- Non-Gaming Application Performance
- Which 32 GB Memory Kit Should You Buy?