It’s a little surprising to see minimal performance differences in 3DMark, since this benchmark has a CPU test. The differences seen in the chart below are almost as small as those of actual games!
PCMark appears to have a preference for Intel’s Hyper-Threading (HT) technology, handicapping our highest overclock slightly.
With HT disabled, the 5 GHz overclock appears to be a completely different processor in Sandra, and not in a good way.
- Cooling Comes Full Circle
- The Compressor Returns
- The Test Platform
- Cooler Express Installation, By-The-Book
- Insulation Installation
- Just Add...Water?
- Reworking The Installation
- Basic Overclocking
- Reaching The Goal
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power And Efficiency
- Victory At Last?