The SiS662 northbridge comes equipped with a Mirage 1 integrated graphics solution that borrows its video memory from the system’s RAM. Based on this, we should not expect high performance from this graphics processor.
Drivers for Windows XP are included on the CD that comes with the board and the SiS website also provides drivers for Windows Vista. Since the integrated Mirage 1 graphics core does not support the Aero interface, it is only validated for the most basic version of Windows Vista. Of course other versions will install on this hardware as well, but graphics performance will be very low.
Image quality is also sub-par: at 1280x1024 the VGA port still provides a decent image, but at 1600x1200 the image is washed out and blurry.
- Mini-Motherboard: Intel D201GLY2
- CPU On-Board: Intel Celeron 220
- Feature Set
- Feature Set (Cont’d.)
- Heat Generation
- Single Core Power Consumption
- System Level Power Consumption
- Integrated Graphics: Sizing up the Mirage
- Picking an OS for a Low-Powered Platform
- Web Page Load Times
- Benchmark Analysis
- Benchmarks and Settings
- Benchmarks - Sandra CPU, Multimedia
- Benchmarks - Sandra Memory, PCMark
- Benchmarks - AVG, Cinema 4D, iTunes, Lame
- Benchmarks - Fritz, WinRAR
- Conclusion: Sufficient Performance in Special Cases