Both AMD and Intel would likely agree with us that these CPUs aren’t intended for workstation-oriented applications like 3ds Max. In the event that you do end up on a more mainstream machine rendering an image, though, the older Llano-based parts perform best, followed by Trinity. Core i3-2100 finishes second-to-last, ahead of the single-module A6-5400K.
The same conclusions apply in SolidWorks, though there’s very little separating AMD’s APUs and the Intel Core i3.
- Following Up With More Test Data
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2012
- Benchmark Results: Adobe CS5 And 6
- Benchmark Results: Content Creation
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: File Compression
- Batman: Arkham City
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Diablo III
- If Trinity Showed Up Today...