Properly-configured firmware assures boring benchmark results. Anyone who can’t tolerate the mundane will likely want to skip ahead to our power tests and overclocking results.
MSI’s A88X-G45 Gaming falls slightly behind in Sandra's Arithmetic module, but a look at our power charts could indicate the reason. Our benchmark script has wait periods between tests.
The Asus A88X-Pro produces exceptional memory bandwidth scores, even though the board chooses the same DDR3-1600 data rate as every other platform. The difference is likely due to secondary and tertiary timing optimizations.
- Four Motherboards For AMD's Kaveri-Based APUs
- ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer
- FM2A88X+ Killer Firmware
- Tuning With ASRock F-Stream
- Additional F-Stream Tools
- Asus A88X-Pro
- A88X-Pro Firmware
- Tuning With Asus DIP 4
- Additional AI Suite 3 Tools
- Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4
- F2A88X-UP4 Firmware
- Gigabyte Software
- MSI A88X-G45 Gaming
- A88X-G45 Gaming Firmware
- Tuning With MSI Command Center
- Additional MSI Software
- Test Hardware And Benchmark Configuration
- Results: Synthetic Tests
- Results: Media Conversion And Content Creation
- Results: Productivity And File Compression
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which A88X Motherboard Is Best?