Throughput is significantly higher on the MK7559GSXP, which is a result of progress in general. The larger 4 KB sectors might have a small impact as well, but the improvements in data density are typically more relevant.
Interface performance is not very important in everyday operation, as drives never reach these speeds to or from the physical medium. However, it shows the peak bandwitdh into and from the drive’s cache memory.
- ‘Advanced Format’ Will Be Standard By 2011
- 512 Byte Emulation: Issues
- 512 Byte Sectors: Toshiba MK6465GSX (640 GB)
- 4 KB Sectors: Toshiba MK7559GSXP (750 GB)
- Test Setup And Transfer Diagrams
- Misaligned Sector Results: I/O Performance
- Misaligned Sector Results: Streaming Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface Bandwidth
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Analysis And Conclusion