Dismayed by the inability of AMD's Kabini-based Athlon 5350 to play even semi-modern games at very low graphics settings, I was at least somewhat pleased to see its 2.05 GHz CPU cores generating decent audio transcoding times in iTunes and Lame.
HandBrake encodes occur almost in real-time, bringing us back to 21st-century performance levels. That's not bad, particularly since we're looking at transcode times across four Jaguar cores. That's AMD's less complex x86 architecture.
TotalCode Studio performance lags, but this is a motherboard comparison and the boards all look comparable.
- Kabini Appeals To Low-Cost, Low-Power
- Asus AM1I-A Features
- Asus AM1I-A Software and Firmware
- Gigabyte AM1M-S2H Features
- Gigabyte AM1M-S2H Software and Firmware
- MSI AM1I Features
- MSI AM1I Software and Firmware
- How We Test AM1 Kabini APU Motherboards
- Results: 3DMark and PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 4 and Arma 3
- Results: Grid 2 And Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio and Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Results: Power and Efficiency
- Choosing The Right AM1 Motherboard