It’s interesting to see how much the benchmark results of the two platforms vary depending on the particular section of the SYSmark 2007 Preview benchmark suite. Remember that the motherboard with integrated AMD 780G or Nvidia GeForce 8200 graphics is the only parameter that was changed.
Nvidia clearly delivers better performance for e-learning environments. This one includes Adobe Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, Macromedia Flash 8 and Powerpoint 2003 workloads.
Nvidia is also faster in video creation applications, where Sony Vegas 7.0, Adobe After Effects based on Photoshop and Illustrator CS2 Canvas.
In this benchmark, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook 2003 are involved, together with Microsoft Project 2003 and WinZIP 10.0. In this scenario, AMD has clear dominance over Nvidia.
The results of the SYSmark 2007 Preview 3D runs very much reflect the performance we’ve seen in the game benchmark section: Nvidia is faster, but not by much. However, the 3D applications don’t include games, but modeling using 3DSMax 8 and SketchUp 5.
Finally, the system score is the geometric mean of the four previous figures. On average, AMD wins – but keep in mind that this is only the case because of the dominance in the productivity benchmark, which is based on office applications.
- Hybrid Graphics Platforms to Fire Up Multi-GPU Rendering?
- The Rebirth of Multi-GPU Graphics
- AMD 780G Chipset: PCIe and SB700
- AMD 780G Chipset: Flexible Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
- AMD 780G Chipset: Video, Power and Block Diagram
- ASRock A780FullDisplayPort
- ASRock A780FullDisplayPort Details
- ASRock A780FullDisplayPort Utilities
- Nvidia GeForce 8200/8300 mGPU
- GeForce 8200 Graphics with PureVideo HD
- GeForce 8200: Hybrid SLI Saves Power, Boosts Performance
- ASRock K10N78FullHD hSLI R3.0
- ASRock K10N78FullHD hSLI Details
- Chipset Comparison Table
- Test System and Benchmark Setup
- Benchmarks: Vista Experience Index and Synthetic Benchmarks
- Benchmarks: Audio/Video
- Benchmarks: Application Benchmarks
- Benchmarks: 3D Games
- Benchmarks: SYSmark 2007 Preview
- Power Consumption
- Performance per Watt Analysis
- Blu-ray Playback