Short, fat, and heavy, Tripp Lite’s SMART1500SLT attempts to overcome the price barriers of its APC rival through selective reductions in features. Customers retain enterprise-class features like a hot-swap battery tray and pure sine wave output, but lose the convenient LED front-panel display.
Also gone is the load shedding feature, which Tripp Lite addresses through separately-purchased power bars. All eight outlets belong to a single power group.
The SMART1500SLT’s simplified design also means that more users will want to use its included software suite, which can be accessed by either USB or nine-pin serial connections.
Tripp Lite includes documentation, USB and legacy serial cables, and a software CD in its SMART1500SLT support kit.
- Power Protection Or Rage Prevention?
- Why So Pricey?
- APC Smart-UPS SMT1500
- SMT1500 Management Software
- CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
- CP1500PFCLCD Management Software
- Opti-UPS Durable Series DS1500B
- DS1500B Management Software
- Tripp Lite SmartPro SMART1500SLT
- SMART1500SLT Management Software
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results