ASRock includes its standard suite of manufacturer-customized applications and freeware in the M8 PC’s installation disc, but its upgraded audio chip adds Creative’s Sound Blaster Recon3D application.
Most interesting of the application’s features is its ability to make your opponents noisier in games through Scout Mode. More familiar controls include equalization, reverberation, and noise reduction.
ASRock A-Tune doesn’t change, but its tuning limits are motherboard-defined. I grabbed a couple of screen shots to show how far this motherboard lets users push system settings.
- ASRock's M8: Build Your Own Compact Gaming Box
- ASRock M8 Mini-ITX Gaming PC
- Inside ASRock's M8 Chassis
- Taking More Of The M8 Apart
- Hardware Installation
- Overcoming A Significant Thermal Issue
- ASRock M8 Software
- Z87-M8 Motherboard Firmware
- Benchmark And Overclocking Configurations
- Results: Synthetic Benchmarks
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Heat
- Average Performance And Efficiency
- Is ASRock's M8 A High-End Mini-ITX Winner?