Page 1:The 'Build Your Own' Alternative?
Page 2:Clevo’s W860CU
Page 3:The AVADirect Effect
Page 4:Graphic Details
Page 5:Test System Configuration
Page 6:Bencmark Results: Synthetics
Page 7:Benchmark Results: Encoding
Page 8:Benchmark Results: Productivity
Page 9:Benchmark Results: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
Page 10:Benchmark Restuls: DiRT2 Demo And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Page 11:Power, Efficiency, And Battery Life
Benchmark Results: Productivity
Adobe Photoshop surprises us with a noticeable difference between two notebooks that have the same CPU. The inability of Intel Turbo Boost in highly threaded applications hands a significant lead to the desktop processor’s higher non-boosted clock.
3ds Max 2010 shows the second notebook leading the first.
Recent versions of AVG don’t benchmark reliably.
WinRAR and 7-Zip are both highly threaded, with the use of four cores negating a benefit from Intel's Turbo Boost technology. We actually picked 7-Zip to replace WinZip because of its threading.
- The 'Build Your Own' Alternative?
- Clevo’s W860CU
- The AVADirect Effect
- Graphic Details
- Test System Configuration
- Bencmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Restuls: DiRT2 Demo And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Power, Efficiency, And Battery Life