Stock or overclocked, the current quad-core configuration smokes December’s triple-core processor in our 3ds Max rendering benchmark.
Three high-clocked Propus cores hang close in 7-Zip, but are completely outclassed by the quad-core Deneb CPU in WinRAR compression. WinRAR is one application known to benefit from the Phenom II’s L3 cache.
Photoshop also rewards us for a smart CPU upgrade, making it a clean sweep in favor of the current PC in our productivity suite.
- Breaking The Bank
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Performance Summary, Efficiency, And Conclusion