With the same model processor and even the same overclock applied, we expect Sandra’s Arithmetic and Multimedia benchmarks to reveal parity between the original and alternative $2000 builds.
The expected equality in CPU performance aside, the one place our new build stumbled was in memory overclocking. We simply couldn’t get the same parts to run at the same speed with the new motherboard. Rather than the original system’s DDR3-1866 CAS 8, the best the new build could accomplish was DDR3-1600 CAS 7.
Note that new system’s memory performance was worse than the original PC’s at stock speed, and that its CAS 7 performance was barely better than the base-speed CAS 8. Sandra has awarded big bandwidth gains for small latency improvements in past systems, but that didn’t happen with this hardware.
- Price Drops = More Graphics?
- Component Installation And GPU Overclocking
- CPU And DRAM Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion