Performance in Apple iTunes typically responds only to clock rate and CPU architecture. Differences this small could be due to slight variations in base clock. At the end of the day, though, the biggest wins here come from aggressive overclocking and the clock-for-clock improvements inherent to the Sandy Bridge-based processor we're using.
HandBrake results are again too close to draw any solid conclusions about the differences between our two very similar platforms.
A larger difference in DivX encoding for the overclocked systems is more likely to have been caused by different memory overclocks.
The new overclocked build edges out its predecessor in MainConcept.
- Price Drops = More Graphics?
- Component Installation And GPU Overclocking
- CPU And DRAM Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion