Memory: GeIL Black Dragon 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory Kit
We’re trying something new in the memory department, too. GeIL’s Black Dragon dual-channel 4 GB kit has a low $80 price tag combined with a low CAS latency of 7. The tribal art treatment doesn’t look bad, either.
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB
A price tag of $70 isn’t going to buy you anything better than this when it comes to hard drives. Western Digital’s Black series has been a price/performance favorite, ever since we began the SBM series. And 750 GB of capacity is enough to get you started.
Optical Drive: OEM LG GH22LS50 22x DVD Burner
LG’s OEM optical drive performs well, and for the low $18 price tag, it helps keep us under our $1000 budget limit.
- Let's Give Core i3 A Chance
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test Systems And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Power And Temperature