Battlefield 3 demonstrates similar performance on both systems, in spite of the new build's potentially more powerful GPU configuration and extra CPU cores. It appears probable that this title won't scale much beyond four cores, and the previous build had better per-core performance.
Lower resolutions are less GPU-dependent, and the new system’s old CPU technology appears to hamper performance in Far Cry 3 at 1920x1080. The machines are roughly equal as we step up to the Surround-enabled resolutions.
- There's Always Room For More
- Graphics, Motherboard, And CPU
- Case, Power, And CPU Cooler
- DRAM, SSD, HDD, And ODD
- Hardware Installation
- Overclocking: Hot Air Is Bad, OK?
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3 And Far Cry 3
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim And F1 2012
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power, Heat, And Overall Performance
- Is Our Three-Way SLI-Based Setup Efficient? Can We Even Talk Value?