The $800 and $1,000 builds trade blows in file compression, with the $800 machine wining WinRAR and the $1,000 machine zipping ahead in our OpenCL-accelerated WinZip benchmark. Hardware similarities mean that differences here can be credited to, or blamed on, minor configuration differences between builders.
The $600 PC trails closely behind.
- In Search Of The Best Possible Value
- Hardware, Software, And Overclock Settings
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Where's The Value Sweet Spot?