On one hand, the optimized beta graphics driver used in Don Woligroski’s $800 machine are said to boost F1 2012 performance. On the other hand, the game’s proven memory bottleneck favors my $1,000 machine’s overclock. The result is that we see both systems trading places depending on the game’s settings, with 2560x1600 favoring my more expensive build.
Tested at a maximum 1920x1080 resolution, the $600 PC maintains its fluid performance throughout.
- In Search Of The Best Possible Value
- Hardware, Software, And Overclock Settings
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Where's The Value Sweet Spot?