Apple iTunes is threaded so poorly that even dual-core chips prove to be overkill.
The current build uses a quad-core CPU at very high clock speeds, winning out over the previous build’s six-core processor that can't overclock as well.
HandBrake, on the other hand, is well-threaded, allowing the previous build's extra cores to trump the current build’s higher clocks.
The DivX codec is well-threaded, while this version of the Xvid codec is not. The previous system and new system swap positions in TMPGEnc, depending on which codec is used.
MainConcept is also well-threaded, yet the new build’s high overclock at least keeps it in the same performance class.
- Luxurious Performance?
- Motherboard And Graphics
- CPU And Memory
- CPU Cooling and Case
- Power And Optical Drive
- Hardware Installation
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Bechmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Energy, Efficiency, And Heat
- Value Conclusion