Despite a host of positive features, there is a downside to this system. Ambitious gamers won't enjoy it that much, particularly if they prefer 3D games. The S3 graphics chip integrated on the board is a fairly weak renderer of 3D objects. The first problem is that the slow graphics memory takes a bite out of the performance, which can really spoil gaming fun. To make matters worse, the chip doesn't support many graphics features. In the area of 2D graphics, however, the board's performance is more than satisfactory.
This screenshot of the Control Panelshows all of the installed devices.
The integrated S3 graphics allow you to feed out video signals via a TFT display or a television.
The WCPUID tool reads out all the important processor data.
- A Home-Grown Mini-PC: Tough Competition For Desktops & Notebooks
- A Home-Grown Mini-PC: Tough Competition For Desktops & Notebooks, Continued
- Package Contents: Case, Board, Power Supply And Miscellaneous Hardware
- Flex-ATX: Basis For Ultra Compact PCs
- Chipset: VIA/S3 Pro Savage PL133
- Processor And RAM: Max. 1100 MHz And 1024 MB
- Installing A DVD Drive Or A CD/RW Burner
- Hard Drive: 100 GB Is Enough
- Limitations: No Powerful 3D Graphics
- Conclusion: The New PC Style - Not Maxi But Mini!