Skyrim appears CPU-bound at its lower test settings, but also appears to receive a little benefit from the $2550 PC’s extra cores. Had the expensive build achieved a better overclock, this might have been a clean sweep.
The $650 PC’s triple-module architecture can’t propel it beyond its more expensive mid-priced rival; Skyrim simply runs better on Intel's designs. The FX-based system still facilitates playable frame rates through our highest detail settings and Paul's highest test resolution.
- One, Twice, Three Times A PC
- Benchmark And Overclock Settings
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power And Heat
- Average Performance And Efficiency
- Does Paul, Don, Or Thomas Win This Round?