Our single-threaded iTunes and LAME workloads help illustrate the per-core benefits of overclocking without the influence of multiple cores.
In contrast, the HandBrake and TotalCode Studio benchmarks reflect architectural optimizations, frequency advantages, and core count. Unfortunately for me, two times the performance for three times the price isn't going to help my $2400 machine win any value comparisons.
- Let The (System Builder) Games Begin
- Benchmark And Overclocking Configurations
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 4
- Results: Arma III
- Results: Grid 2
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power And Heat
- Overall Performance And Efficiency
- Who Wins The Value Comparison?