Swiss maker of coolers, Arctic Cooling, is expanding its product line by introducing a new graphics card cooler. The new Xtreme series will appear in two version, supporting ATI and Nvidia cards. While the Nvidia version is designed for use with G80 cards 8800 GT, GTX and Ultra, its ATI counterpart is only compatible with the Radeon HD 2900 XT.
The Accelero Xtreme
Outwardly, the two coolers appear to be nearly identical, differing only in the way they are mounted. Five heatpipes ensure that the heat produced by the GPU is dissipated through 107 cooling fins. No less than three fans provide airflow to the heatsinks, using pulse width modulation (PWM) to regulate their speed. The fans spin at between 1500 and 2500 rpm, providing a maximum airflow of 107 m³ per hour.
The back of the ATI version of the Accelero Xtreme
Arctic Cooling claims this cooler can cope with up to 240 Watts of heat dissipation, thanks to airflow optimizations. Also, it is meant to lower the GPU temperature by at least 20° C compared to stock coolers, making it an ideal choice for overclockers. According to the manufacturer's specifications, the cooler weighs 440 grams and is rated at a thermal resistance of only 0.14 K/W.
A breakdown of the Accelero Xtreme
Thanks to the PWM regulation, the three fans are very quiet. Additionally, a specially patented mounting suspension is meant to reduce fan vibrations to a minimum.
Coolers are available in stores at around €35.
Hall 21, StandB17
- Spring Greening And The Search For IT Professionals
- Green IT Products
- Cybershot C702 - Digital Camera With Geo-Tagging
- Microsoft - Windows Server 2008 And Visual Studio 2008
- Arctic Cooling Shows Off Accelero-Xtreme
- TeraStation Pro II Rackmount - Buffalo Enters A New Market
- TrekStor DataStation Maxi M.ub - Saving Private Data
- Gigabyte With Green IT - The Dynamic Energy Save Feature
- Asus - Improving The EPU Technology
- Trendnet - Affordable Wireless N-Standard Router
- MSI Geforce 9600 GT (N9600GT-T2D1G Und N9600GT-T2D-OC)
- HIS Radeon HD3870 X2 (H387X2F1GNP)
- ASUS G70 -The First Gaming Notebook With NVIDIA's SLI Technology
- Acer - Multimedia Notebooks With Sleek Gemstone Design
- SyncMaster 2263UW - Would You Like A Little Screen On The Side?
- Medion GoPal P4425 - Navigation Starts Up Faster
- Playback Software For The PC - Cyberlink PowerDVD 8
- Compact Video Camera With 1080p - Aiptek AHD Z500
- IBM - Big Blue Goes Green