Playback of a standard MPEG-4 film is of particular interest. Resolution: 576x312.
VIA EPIA / Eden 1500
Playing an MPEG-4 film was accomplished successfully with both codecs. The medium resolution of the video helped.
VIA EPIA / C3
It was just about possible to play our MPEG-4 film smoothly with the DivX codec. Processor usage is lower using fddshow.
VIA EPIA-M 9000
The EPIA with DDR memory and 933 MHz did not fare quite so well: it still played smoothly, but used more CPU processing time. This is not disadvantageous, however, as part of the calculations required is carried out by the chipset's integrated graphics module.
- Size Matters: Mini ITX Boards Tested
- Form Factors For The Desktop: From ATX To ITX
- VIA Processor On Board
- VIA EPIA/ Eden
- VIA EPIA/ C3
- VIA EPIA-M 9000
- Test Setup
- Test Results
- CPU Load: MPEG-4 Playback DivX/ Fddshow
- CPU Load: MPEG-4 Playback With AC3
- CPU Load: Network Data Transfer
- 3D Benchmark: Quake III Arena
- Conclusion - Is This The Beginning Of A New Generation Of PC Systems?