In tropical climates, it usually rains in the afternoon, but for some reason it has been raining here every day in the morning. We're glad that there are covered walkways that connect some of the exhibition halls.
2.5" Compact Flash Based HDDs With RAID: Apacer SRFD
Did you ever think of running one or two Compact Flash cards as your primary storage device? The SRFD by Apacer allows you to use single CF cards, or combine two CF cards in a RAID 0 or RAID 1 configuration.
Imagine a drive that has the size of a 2.5" hard disk, but uses a smart controller to run two CompactFlash cards in RAID mode. This is exactly what the SRFD by Apacer does. The product employs a SATA/300 interface and supports both RAID 0 and RAID 1 by setting mini DIP switches. Given that CF cards can reach a transfer rate of approximately 30 MB/s today, a RAID 0 stripe set would result in a maximum of around 60 MB/s. This concept also has the advantage that it is upgradeable whenever the industry creates higher capacity and higher speed Compact Flash cards.
- ATP Nano Vision Is A Tiny USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- Toshiba Slim-Line HD-DVD Burners For Notebooks
- Areca: 24-Port SATA/300 Über-RAID
- NAS Products
- ... And The N5200 Pro: Professional 5-Drive NAS With iSCSI Support
- Core 2 Quad Overclocking
- Gigabyte MEC: Mobile Components HTPC PC With HDMI
- Ultra Mobile PCs: Dropped By Intel, Embraced By VIA