The performance per watt for streaming read workloads looks great for both the Hitachi Ultrastar C10K600 and the Seagate Savvio 10K.5. Both deliver high throughput, while maintaining relatively low power consumption.
Because of its optimized I/O performance, the Hitachi drive easily takes the prize for performance per watt at typical workstation loads.
- 2.5” Enterprise Hard Drives
- Hitachi Ultrastar C10K600 (600 GB)
- Seagate Constellation.2 (1000 GB)
- Seagate Savvio 10K.5 (900 GB)
- Comparison Table, Test Configuration, And Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Temperature And Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Power Efficiency