Due to their higher spindle speeds, the Hitachi C10K600 and Seagate Savvio 10K.5 access data more quickly than the Seagate Constellation.2.
The benchmarks show that Hitachi improved the Ultrastar C10K600's I/O performance. The Ultrastar delivers a performance on par with that of 15 000 RPM drives, making it the fastest 10 000 RPM drive. The two Seagate drives, especially the Constellation.2, are not intended for intensive I/O operations.
- 2.5” Enterprise Hard Drives
- Hitachi Ultrastar C10K600 (600 GB)
- Seagate Constellation.2 (1000 GB)
- Seagate Savvio 10K.5 (900 GB)
- Comparison Table, Test Configuration, And Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Temperature And Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Power Efficiency