The Right Fan for the Right Purpose
This page isn't intended to drive your purchasing decision in the way one of our detailed reviews would. We have a very comprehensive case fan round-up in the works right now that should help there. But we have tagged the following fans based on their quality, suitability, and recommendations from Tom's Hardware staff and our forum members. You can browse this table, look at the data, and pick a fan that suits you. Or, simply wait for the upcoming round-up, where we put a wide range of models to the test.
60 mm Fans
80 mm Fans
120 mm Fans
We tried to pick quiet fans, which include powerful coolers, inexpensive ones, high-end models, plain fans, and colorful models. There should be a fan here for every need and taste.
- A Foundation For Case Cooling: Fans
- Case Fans: Air Flow And Noise Level
- Case Fans: Decoupling Done Right
- Case Fans: Speed Control
- Case Fans: Should You Worry About Positive Or Negative Pressure?
- Case Fans: Recommendations
- CPU Coolers: Selection And Installation
- CPU Coolers: The Right Thermal Paste
- CPU Coolers: Applying Thermal Grease
- CPU Coolers: Initial Startup And Test Run
- VGA Coolers: We Rescue A GeForce GTX 480
- VGA Coolers: Single-Slot Whisper Cooler
- Think About Cooling Early